Teacher Librarian (iCentre Manager)
Penrith Christian School is a well-established and vibrant Christian community, providing an exciting and innovative learning environment for 800 Preschool to Year 12 students in our 21st Century Learning Facility at Orchard Hills.
Due to the retirement of our current iCentre Manager, we are seeking applications from committed Christians, active in their local church, to join our team in 2018.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and collaborative Librarian, able to lead and manage the school iCentre with a passion for developing and maintaining our Library facilities, interfacing successfully with teaching and learning activities and resourcing the curriculum initiatives and learning needs of our Early Childhood to Year 12 facility.
The successful candidate will be an excellent team leader with exceptional interpersonal skills, and a high capacity for initiating and working within a fluid and dynamic learning environment.
Current knowledge and experience in 21st Century pedagogies would be a distinct advantage.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- recent experience as an Information Manager and Librarian in a similar school
- evidence of success in a team leadership role
- evidence of collaborative, innovative and effective practice in a current context
- highly relational interpersonal skills with staff, students and parents
- a demonstrated capacity to work as a team member particularly in a whole E-12 school context
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- flexibility, and interest in working in an innovative and dynamic environment
- excellent ICT skills using a range of administrative and educational tools.
Mandatory Requirements include:
- NESA accreditation
- a current Working With Children Check approval number
- an active Christian faith and current church involvement
Applications close 4.00pm Monday 30 October 2017.
How to apply:
Only applicants who complete the official school application form will be considered.